The Project Accountant is responsible for processing all job related accounting processes. This position will work closely with the Project Manager and our subcontractors, vendors and clients.
- Professionally represents the company and effectively supports Company strategic initiatives
- Establish and foster positive long-term relationships with internal customers and business partners
- Executes the company policies and procedures
- Embraces a lean culture and work environment
- Responsible for ensuring a safe work environment by modeling safe work behaviors
- Maintain the Accounting Manual
- Assist with job start-up in accordance with the company processes and procedures
- Ensure subcontractor compliance requirements; work with Sub Contractors on compliance issues and payments,
- Process cost invoices through CMiC workflow and pay applications through Textura
- Reconciliation of sales/use tax on projects, verifying sales tax calculations and coding
- Posting job billings and change orders; follow up on payment
- Assist with timely closeout in compliance with documentation, contractual and financial requirements
- AP research, preparing billing support collecting lien waivers, requesting exempt certificates
High School Diploma or equivalent is required
1 to 5 years of previous experience as a construction project accountant or similar experience within the construction or engineering industries required
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with CMIC, Textura and Bluebeam a plus
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal and listening
The salary range for this position is $52,000 – $63,500, depending on experience.
Health and welfare benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, ADD, STD, LTD, and EAP substantially supported by the employer.
Retirement benefits: Employee Stock Ownership Program – funded by the company for all full time overhead employees; optional 401(k) to boost savings
- Other benefits and compensation include annual bonus potential, employee events and activities, discounted benefit programs (i.e. LegalShield, pet insurance, Botanic Garden memberships, etc. which may vary over time)